DeviceNet Diagnostics

It's been a while since I worked on DeviceNet, but what I can remember is that you would have to go into device configuration in RSNetWorx, or whatever you are using, and map the parameters from the device that deal with it's health into the scanner. Then in the PLC, map the scanners memory into registers. Then you read the registers in the PLC code or HMI. What Hardware/Software is involved here?

The software is RS5000. The hardware is 280 and 284D Armorstart drives. I can look at the status registers and I have built some code to display these registers on the panelview. However, the standards I am forced to work with call for me to setup a two bit array on the node health screen. With the Logic I built I have to go around the world to do this. Any suggestions to some type of indexed addressing so I could use one register to display all the info sure would be nice. Thanks for your help.