S7-200 Local variables

Hi
In the help file for local variables, it states that each POU (subroutine) has 64bytes of memory available for local variables. Does this mean that they'll be retained scan to scan? The name 'TEMP' makes me dubious.

Thanks

pp

With S7 300/400 series, temp variables are not retained. Depending on your program they may appear to be retained as if the temp data area has not been overwritten by another routine, the variables will not change.

as far as i can tell (never had any reason to use local vars) is that they are retained but if defined from a subroutine or interrupt they will be unique to that subroutine or interrupt and cannot be addressed from the program block unless they were created there to start with. I may be wrong on this but that's just how i interpreted what the S7/microwin help file seemed to be implying