Compumotor Servo Parts

Orn Jonsson

Hi ya'll

I am having a serious problems with the lead-time on Compumotor motors and parts 20-40 days. Obviously no production line can be down for that long.
Any Ideas on how to approach these CRAZY motor MFGs. I need a new Renco brand Encoder for a BE series Servo. Will try calling Renco directly tomorrow.
(the encoder mounts inside the back end of the servo)
Any comments or suggestions are appreciated

I too have found that a lot of manufacturers aren't stocking stuff anymore... Everything is now "built-to-order", and usually at least a 2 week lead time... :rolleyes:

I can understand this with "assembled" stuff, but NOT with individual parts. Keep in mind that an encoder might be a "part" for your servomotor, but it IS an "assembled" item...

Maybe Compumotor can point you to one of their "stocking distributors" that happen to have the part you need on the shelf?

Renco might have a better answer for you.

beerchug

-Eric

Don't cha just hate that "Just-in-Time" ****!

No reasonable buffers! or, if they do exist, they are statistically too small to handle reality.

Imagine having "Just-in-Time" at the food-store... over holidays or during a natural disaster.

If it worked, as advertised, it could be fine for the end-users... but it would be a timing disaster for the food processors and their employees!

All of this because of the tax-laws that tax commodities that are sitting in a warehouse. A single item might be taxed several times before it finally leaves the warehouse at which point it is taxed one more time.

Just in Time for???

Well I fired off a few strategic e-mails last nigh to PARKER, Compumotor, The territoty rep etc. And guess what! After raising enough hell and waisting hours on the phone. I'll have my parts in 5 days instead of 25 -40 days. Why don't these fellars offer you good service up front? It makes one want to get the stuff elsewere.

Later tater,

OJ