AB @IsPresent Predefined Item

pickerel

Hi all,

Was wondering if any one knows if it is possible to monitor the @IsPresent predefined item via my application in RSView Studio to trigger an alarm when ENet communications is lost between my PV+700 and CompactLogix L35E processor.

I was looking at knowledgebase docs G25451187 and A9411. They make reference to being able to do it with RSLinx but the OPC Server for RSView ME is RSLinxEnterprise.

Thanks for you help.

Hello Akreel, thanks for your reply.

Do you mean to configure a new topic in RSLinx or to configure a new topic in RSView Studio via RSLinx Enterprise communication setup.

I have tried to monitor the status of the @IsPresent item ([Topic]@IsPresent) via RSView Studio (runtime downloaded to PV+), but the Diagnostic viewer reports that it was 'unable to activate connection'.

pickerel said:
Do you mean to configure a new topic in RSLinx or to configure a new topic in RSView Studio via RSLinx Enterprise communication setup.

You need the topic in RSLinx. Since the version of RSLinx that you are using is RSLinx Enterprise, I guess the answer to your question is "both."

You already have a topic for your PLC, right? You need a SECOND topic in order to access the @ispresent tag because that is considered to be a PLC-5 tag and is not compatible with CLX.

RSLinx Enterprise is a little different from RSLinx Gateway (which I'm using). But they're similar enough that I'm sure this is the answer you're looking for.