Exor HMI panels

maintpro

Does anybody have experience installing the EXOR eTOP50 or the eTOP40 panels into systems operating with an A/B SLC5/02 or 5/03 plcs?
I am currently looking to install the eTOP50 into a system operating with a SLC5/03 and the eTOP40 into a system operating with a SLC5/02. I am just curious of any issues that may arise or precautions that I should take during installation and programming.

Your input/comments would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't used those exact models, but I've used a bunch of EXOR HMIs with SLCs. I usually use the DF1 protocol on a dedicated serial link for the HMI and don't have any problems. On a few projects we've used the EXOR on DH-485 and this works well too. We usually use an AIC+ module between the ESCOR and the SLC. The only drawback is the screen updates are slow, and it may take a few minutes after a power cycle for the HMI to get hte token and start communicating.