Which RSlinx to use

ranjana

I am planning to write my own VB program (simple one) to acquire data from AB SLC 500 which RSlinx should i have to buy.
RSlinx oem or professional or gateway . I have 3 nodes in DH+ .

Many thanks

Sly, you must own some shares in Rockwell Software. Why else would you want Ranjana to spend more money than he has to since RSLinx OEM does DDE just fine. We use it here to link to a production spreadsheet that is saved to our intranet for all to see. It has it's limitations, but it will work for Dynamic Data Exchange between one PC and a DH+ network.

Many thanks Vetteboy for the link. we are in process of placing a order to their DH+ driver.

Is there anyother similar software MFR with realy good HMI software with free runtimes.

I had used RSView for one of my application to study the pattern of outputs switching on and their on and off time with their RStrendX and trends from their library. but the update time was realy poor that on time and off time measured are not that reliable compared to our Hioki recorder. then we switched back to recorders. if you are aware about any of these software please let me know.

Also i was searching for a similar software from rockwell - RSrules. I could not find that software any more in RS website. is that software phased out. is there any other MFR for this software.

Many thanks