Need a autocad electrical drawing made.

willpower100

Hi everyone, I am looking for someone to do an autocad drawing of an electrical circuit I am working on, I dont have cad, but I would like someone to do the drawing and email me the file, as well, fax a copy. My customer is using autocad 2000. If I could find someone in Canada or the Pacific Northwest it would be helpful.

I will need this done early this week, possibly Tuesday or Wed. Please let me know if anyone of you talented folk are interested.

Thanks,

Willpower

Willpower,

I have AutoCad2000 Lite, which should be adequate for your circuit. I can do it unless it is very complicated. It helps to know everything possible about the circuit, what it is, how it works, in case there is conflicting information. You may send private message or contact me at: [email protected]

It might be a good time to buy the tools to do the job - I note your business is quite engineering based but you don't have any version of Cad - how do you survive without it ?

Lancie is quite astute "It helps to know everything possible about the circuit, what it is, how it works " - this is generally necessary to make electrical or mechanical drawings.

I am looking for someone to do an autocad drawing of an electrical circuit

Do you already have a "pencil cad" drawing, and it would just be a conversion, or will you just provide a verbal discription of the circuit and the Cad person will have to design the circuit?

If it's just a conversion, should be fast and inexpensive, if it's option two, expect a lot of questions back and forth, several revisions, and much more expensive, due to the time spent going back and forth.

I use AutoCAD Electrical 2005 but would have no problem saving it as 2000. Like the others have said, I need more details. I have been doing electrical schematics and panel layouts with ACE for over 7 years now. Like Ken stated, a conversion would not be too hard but a new creation would take longer. Plus the short time requirement(less than 3 days) may be a bigger problem.

If Willpower was smart he would go to any local print shop such as Staples, or even Walmart. Post your hand written drawings here, and someone will do it. It could be a good excercise. You may have to buy Phil's Book or DVD's.

John

I better pass on this one.

regards.....casey

Say, anybody hear about an electrical engineering job that was advertised, and got 21 resumes. 20 were near identical, all from the same school, with "elevator" program experience. Wonder what the class project was? 21st resume, different school, "STOPLIGHT" experience.

I have used AutocadLT for electrical drawings for many years. it is good enough for that and not very expensive. I now work for a company that uses RSWire, this is very good indeed, but needs a lot of initial setting up. Needless to say it isn't cheap either, but it saves me about 75% on drawing and electrical design time over autocad.
With AutoCAD I used symbol libriary from Man and Machine. Very good, I now use it to create symbols for RSWire.

electric drawing

Their is a good and inexpensive program called The Constructor.
You can go to their website and download a free version of it.
It is easy to use and you can try it to see if it works.
The web site is www.cmhssoftware.com 1-800-680-7638
Once you make your ladder diagram you can turn it on and
actually see it if it works or not.

gbradley,

I received a couple of E-mails from Willpower. He stated that this was a simple relay circuit for a railway switch. He does not normally do electrical drawings, but does hydraulic work. His customer demanded a drawing in AutoCAD format by Wednesday. I told him I would do it, and he said he would hand-draw the circuit and fax it to me, to be converted to AutoCAD. That is the last I heard. Time is getting short!

With due respect - just how serious can you take someone who does not have any facility to make an e-transmittable drawing - I don't know anyone.