Can't find any joy...

jdr

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find some good information on programming in STL for Siemens controllers? The instructor of my PLC class and I were talking after class tonight and he made some remarks about Siemens and STL, and it's got me interested. I've Googled with little to no joy, and was wondering if anyone had links to websites, ISBN numbers for books, etc... that could help me out. Granted, I know pretty much nothing with regards to Siemens, but I didn't know diddly about AB when I got started in it, either. Thanks much.

Josh

I don't have any site for information on STL as well, although I do most of my Siemens S5 programming in STL. If you want some GENERAL info on the commands, try the help listing given in FasTrak Softworks PLC Workshop for S5. The trial program is free and if you run the demo you can actually print out the listing.. Other than that, I cannot recommend anything but the S5 manuals..

regards,
eugene

Statement List manual for S7 300/400

This link should take you to the Siemens support/download section, there is an abundance of info there for using Siemens products, that specific link is to the manual for S7 300/400 Statement List, if you need for another specific model you should be able to locate there by searching the tree on the left.

ALSO Siemens offers online basic plc training which gives a basic overview of Statement List and how it relates. Goto this link then look on bottom right for Training@Siemens then look in Self Study Course Locator for Basics of PLC's
http://www.sea.siemens.com/automat/

hope this will help

rsdoran,

That does indeed help. I saw the Self Study courses, but the downloads page I never could find. I'm actually interested in learning Siemens programming in general, ladder, STL, etc... I never really looked into it at all, but it's a different ballgame than AB, and it's one I'd like to learn.

Josh

Books on Siemens Programming

If you search for books by Hans Berger, he has a good series on programming in ladder, STL, SCL for S7 PLCs. He also has books available for S5 PLCs.

I think they're about $50 to $75 from online bookstores.

A sample ISBN reference is ISBN: 3895780936

Thanks, thrillseeker. Amazon has a few by him, but I'll check some other places as well. The prices remind me of buying college textbooks, but I believe they'll be well worth it.

Thanks again,
Josh