Phil, about those damnable Editors...

Terry Woods

Phil,

The WYSIWYG editor ain't as advertised!

Spacing is not maintained properly in the preview and... when my unposted entry comes back... it is reformatted! Spaces are added in some places, line-feeds are removed in others.

Trying to post ladder is a real pain! Spacing is not properly displayed or maintained. Of course I'm using the ladder, /ladder codes.

Even the stripped down editor doesn't maintain proper spacing in ladder.

I'm pretty sure this is related to the particular font you have for the editor window. How about maybe using Courier as the basic font in the editor window?

BTW, on the stripped down basic editor, what is the difference between "Guided Mode" and "Enhanced Mode"?

Also... what happened to the "Check Message Length" button?

We now have to try to post to find out if the length is OK. However, doing so, in the WYSIWYG editor, reformats and the raw script... uurrgh...

Terry is this what you are talking about, if so I asked but never found out anything.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=13272

While we are complaining...lol. Whats with the upload picture process...I had a picture set to 550x320 but it told me its too large...AND why is width smaller than height, most pictures (at least mine) are wider than tall...ie would be 750x550 or something like that, isnt that what it use to be?

rsdoran said:
While we are complaining...lol. Whats with the upload picture process...I had a picture set to 550x320 but it told me its too large...AND why is width smaller than height, most pictures (at least mine) are wider than tall...ie would be 750x550 or something like that, isnt that what it use to be?

I think the width restriction is so it will fit in the new WYSIWYG editor, of which I am not a big fan of either. The acronym needs an 'R' between the I and W, for 'roughly'... ;)

We'll all get used to these quirks... eventually... :D

🍻

-Eric

Yeah Ron... that sort a stuff.

As I'm typing this right now I can see that the font is definetly NOT Courier. It is either Arial or Verdana.

Placing a Font Code for Courier doesn't help either.

Eric...
Maybe it should be something like WYSI-SKiMP-WYG-N! ("wizzy-skimp-wiggin")

What You See Is - Sorta Kinda Maybe Perhaps - What You Get - NOT!

I have got ONE ladder program to display correctly, so far. For that one, I did it on MS Word with a font of "Times New Roman" (I think!), got it all lined up, then "Selected All" and changed the font to "Arial" and the spacing goes to hell, but I did not change anything, just posted it, and it came out perfect! (Probably the forum re-format changes it back to how it should look). I have never been able to do that again, probably because I don't know for sure which font I started with.

Last edited: