first internet application

mrsenolsezer

Hi guys,
Now my boss told me that "if u'll do that u must be able to connect it everytime that we need u".

That is a machine that'll use Siemens Cpu 315-2dp and i must make an communication from plc to my notebook by internet. Now i don't have any idea how i'll do that but i know u will help me,,thanks now on...

Firstable what is the hardware should i use, what kind of siemens modul and also modem(siemens? or).....?

As u see i have no idea please help me.

It depends a little bit on what exactly you want to do. If you've not had any experience at networking (which I hadn't) you might like to have a look at the CP343-1 IT. It's about 50% more expensive than the CP343-1, but it has most of the facilities you need built in.

I needed to transfer data from a customer PC to the PLC in the form of a text file and had an FTP server up and running on the PC and transferring data to the PLC in about half a day. I've never met anything as easy to use from Siemens before!

i agree with u RMA there is nothing easy with siemens but i thing there must be written prosedure or something for this operation .
But i could't find it
And also is it the only modules that i should use (CP343-1 or CP343-1 ıt) isn't there another modules that are connecting with a modem or etc.?

I was assuming that you would be connecting the PLC directly to the company's existing LAN, which would also provide the Internet access. If you want to connect via a modem, this is possible, but since I've never done it, I can't help you with that.

If you have the freedom of choice, I would use the CP343-1 IT, because it makes the whole business much easier.

Yes there is, it's called a TS-adapter (Teleservice adapter, ord.nr 6ES7972-0CA34-0XA0). You will also need S7 Teleservice software with of course the licence that comes with the software. And you will also need a RS-232 cable plus a modem.

There is some recommendations on modem at the Siemens support site, but my experience is that you can use any modem for your local store. As long as the modem can recieve calls.

If you want to get the fancy stuff, buy a Westermo modem for industrial use (TD-35 for ex). No configuration needed.

I bought this Westermo modem just a month ago. Connected it and rang to it from my laptop modem. Worked immidiatly.

Tip of the day. The PSTN line should be dedicated to this modem.
My experience is that the end customer won't do such a thing. In general they will use their fax line for this purpose. So you better watch out in case you won't get it to work.

Good luck
_Spiff_

About remote online connection via Ethernet/Internet:
I belive it involves routers, and that the company's internet access is setup to let certain ports open to certain IP addresses. But I dont know the exact details (I would like to though).
There is a Siemens FAQ (entry ID 6835692) that talks about "Routing with S7" and I can see that chapter 3.5 talks about "Remote PC Connection". But they charge you for to download it (infuriating isnt it ?).

About modems:
It involves that you get either a TS adapter + external modem, or the new TS type 2 adapter with built-in analog modem (6ES7 972-0CB35-0XA0), or the new TS type 2 adapter with built-in ISDN modem (6ES7 972-0CC35-0XA0).
You must also have the STEP7 option package "TeleService" (6ES7 842-0CC10-0YA5).

Thanks JesperMP for the tip about the new TS-adapter with built in modem.
That's almost **** :)

Gotta go to the Siemens shop NOW !!!