Techn.

rmkony

R
I was using aToshiba Satellite as a programmer for Allen Bradley,only recently it has become very slow and also its floppy drive failed to run. Is any one know how can I transfer the software and the authorisation to another programmer like Siemens PG 720?

What software exactly ?

In theory it should be no problem to do it.
You need the installation CD(s) as well as the master floppy with the license. If you cannot retrieve the license file from the Toshiba (because the floppy drive is defective), then you may have to "reset" the license on the master floppy. This involves using the EVReset utility and making a phonecall to Rockwell Automation.

Your problem may be that the PG720 is too old and slow.
The later versions had 32MB and Windows 95. It may be just enough to run your Rockwell software, but without knowing the kind of software and version and what version the PG720 is, I can not guarantee it.

If the floppy is goosed then you may have to borrow/buy/steal a USB floppy drive to retrieve your AB key/token.We had a PG720 which only had 2GB of hard-drive, we filled that mother no probs. The screen also developed a central vertical sky-blue stripe 1" wide - later turned black and we had to move dialogue boxes around the screen to be able to read them.

Spend a bit of time with your satellite getting rid of old/obsolete programs/files - defrag and get rid of services you don't need.

Back
Top Bottom