Panelview Blue Banner issue...

PLC Gremlin

Hello everyone..

I have yet another issue with the PV 600.

I have this PV hooked to 6 Micrologix 1500's on a
DH-485 network. The idea was to control 6 individual machines from this one touchscreen. I just ran into the big problem with this last night when I done a PV download with all my other tags that addressed the other 4 nodes. I was going to do some more testing but I do not have the other 4 nodes hooked up right now. I currently only have 1 PV and 1 micro hooked up for testing.

You guessed it. The blue banner pops up saying
"613 Required node(s) not found".
Is there anyway to disable this banner or allow operator to use buttons that it cover up????

I don't know of any work around for this. You will probably have to remove those tags and the unconnected nodes from the PV comms setup until you have all of the nodes connected.

Thats not a problem at all right now with it sitting in my office. But the real issue is going to be when 1 out of 6 of our customers machines goes down and the panelview keeps them from running the other 5 machines....
This would not be a good situation....

Would it be possible for you to switch to another HMI? I use PanelMate 1700 in similar applications. If a node is missing from the network, a single line alarm appears at the bottom of the screen (out of the way). Panelmate programming is much simpler and more flexible than panelviews also.

Paul C.

No. Unfortunately, this one has to be a panelview.
I may move my buttons away from top of screen and just deal
with it... It still functions other than the annnoying blue banner..
I was just hoping for a magic answer from someone but I think there is no work around on this one. It's built in to the panelview with no options on changing it.

Thanks...

A-B made that really flexible also. (Yeah Right)
60 Sec. Max Handshake Timeout.
That's a wonderful solution, ..... for about a minute.

Honestly, I have not called them yet.
I will more than likely give them a shout tommorrow.
I think I already know what the answer is going to be though.