cheap plc

guest uk

G
Hi,

Just a little advice needed about which is the beast and cheapest PLC to
buy in order to learn Ladder Programming at home???

Thanks.

Dont need to buy one at all really. Goto www.learningpit.com and get Logixpro. It can simulate the programs you write. It also provides projects to learn from.

www.ebay.com has most major brands that can be obtained cheap.

www.automationdirect.com has reasonably priced products.

www.ab.com/micrologix has a $100 plc with a free version of RSLogix500

www.entertron.com has reasonably price plc with free software.

I dont have a link but Siemens offers the S7-200 (starter kit)with software, cable etc at a reasonable price.

Try to obtain a plc that is dominant in your area/country.

Also, try unitronics. At $250, the M90 also has a built-in 1-line display and keypad, so you can get practice with messages and operator controls.

Since each key on the pad can be assigned anywhere in the program as a contact, you can use it to simulate physical inputs. Press 1 to start a timer, press 2 to make a "Limit Switch" or allow time to run out and display a fault message.

Or reverse it. Try giving each button on the keypad a different function depending on what the display shows. Now, you have menu options.

Lastly, software is free, and it's not limited at all, the full version. More information, and download the softs, at www.unitronics.com

When you're ready, we can talk Canbus, Modbus, RS485 networking, 4" and 5" LCD touchscreens, ethernet...

TM