Replace PLC5/25 with DH+ and Basic-module

mulderm

Hello,

I want to replace the old PLC5/25 processor with
his rack with I/O and Analog In/out modules (1771- IFE and
1771-OFE) and a Basic-module 1771-db/b on a DH+ network
for a complete and compact modern system, with Allen Bradley.
Who knows for this with the same properties?
Like SLC-500 or Micrologix?
Replace for the basic module?
Greetings,

mulderm

Basic Modules can't run on DH+ and it can't take the place of a processor in a 1771 rack.

I believe you could put a 1771-ASB in place of the PLC, and the DB module in a unopen slot. You would still need a PLC5 with a remote I/O to control the ASB.

What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

Sorry for the languages problem.

I want to replace the complete PLC5 system to a newer and

compact system also from Allen Bradley.

The same configuration must be available.

mulderm

What is the basic module doing exactly?
Every time I have come across the basic module, it was due to inadequacies in the plc processor. If you are upgrading to something newer like SLC or ControlLogix, you probably could trash the basic module and handle the functionality right from the processor and communicate through the processor comm port.

I was reviewing this thread again, and you mention (I think) that you want to replace all the I/O as well.

Is there a particular reason for doing so? I have upgraded controllers and reused I/O.

For example, I have replaced PLC5 and PLC5/250 systems with ControlLogix family of processors, and kept the 1771 I/O. This was preferable in the environment due to the testing that would have been required if we replaced the I/O cards. It works well.

Just a thought.