Anyone come across Yokogawa PLC, need some feedback

a little info

I have never personally dealt with them, but I know someone who has. If you like I'll try to get them to sign up here and perhaps he can give you some insight.

Russ

russrmartin said:
I have never personally dealt with them, but I know someone who has. If you like I'll try to get them to sign up here and perhaps he can give you some insight.

Russ

Russ,

Please! My pleasure...i owe u a *pin* :) Thx.

I have done a few projects with the FA-M3R.

It wasn't difficult to adapt to. I was blown away at the time with the multiple processor capability, then I got to ControlLogix and it wasn't such a big deal any longer.

I wasn't impressed with the lack of active-x windows in the software. But it did have a big advantage (the software) - it was free, so the lack of bells and whistles was offset.

Oakley said:
I have done a few projects with the FA-M3R.

It wasn't difficult to adapt to. I was blown away at the time with the multiple processor capability, then I got to ControlLogix and it wasn't such a big deal any longer.

I wasn't impressed with the lack of active-x windows in the software. But it did have a big advantage (the software) - it was free, so the lack of bells and whistles was offset.

Hi,

Nice to hear that an experience user here, how about their stability and network realibility?

if not mistaken CLX is a 32 bit processor, while FA-M3R is a 16 bit, correct me if I'm wrong. The FA-M3R programming style is more to like SLC/MLX?

part I

To evaluate the hardware, not correct to associate to like.Preferences is detached in the application.
Questions to evaluate, equipment. (partial)

- Really, of features indicated by the manufacturer.Collating the ones that evaluated, they are been valid?
Hardware:
- It possesss extended reach (features beyond the traditional)
- Half of connection; Connectors detach of the CPU.
- I/O ome difference to the traditional.
Set of instrutions:
-Which the groups of covered instructions (math, comunication...etc)
- Which group of instruction detaches in amount.
- Prominence differentiated instructions or special

I'm trying to look around for it's user manual or knowledgebase (like Rockwell), does Yokogawa have such thing? Appreciate if someone can re-direct. Thx

I have manuals here of FAM3, i will ask my bos if we can provide you 1. Better contact Yokogawa Malaysia so that they can provide you soft copy of the manuals.
Tutorial-TI34M6A82-01E1st.pdf
Programing Tool - IM34M6Q15-01E.pdf
Hardware Manuals - IM34M6C11-01E.pdf

Thx a lot for ur offer. Appreciate that.

Can you please show me how to do a branch output? Referring to the attachment, i'm planning to turn on Y336 & Y337 at the same time. If not mistaken there are some instructions like Push, Pop, am i right? but I'm not sure how to get them into the logic.

Thx.

labingtone: Thx a lot..great short cut :)

Can I ask, does the FA-M3 value2 (SP05-DP) supports timer with time base? From the configuration windows, I see something like

1ms: T00001 - T00001
10ms:T00002 - T00128
100ms:T00129 - T00240

I tried to use T00001 with 1s preset & T00129 with 1s preset, to turn on an output when the timer is done, but both the output turn on at the same time. I suspect they are timing at the same rate or time base.

Besides that, can I see the timer running/timing when online (like allen bradley)?

Last edited:
dandrade said:
http://www.yokogawa.com/plc/

What link get software? Free,price, trial.. guy coments software

Manual programming, size and link to get

Hi,

I'm the first timer on Japanese PLC, before that I'm dealing with AB only. I find that the software is simple and not so complex as RSLogix, but less features pack. RSLogix is more flexible, but for small simple system Yokogawa software (WideField2) is not bad.