Flex IO to PLC5 addressing

russrmartin

Hey guys. I have a flex IO module 1794-IT8 that is talking via controlnet to a PLC5. The question I have is that the input in question appears to be scaled already by the time it reaches the PLC 5. That is, we are taking the raw integer that is coming from the FLexIO and displaying that exact # for the operators and calling it the Process Variable. I read the manual for the IT8 and am only confused even more. Can someone simply explain how the input is scaled and where I can get a visual of it. This is just for personal understanding for future reference. Thanks.

Russ

Similar Topics

I've been searching the forums for hours and I've found many things to try but just haven't found the right answer yet. I have a running PLC 5...
Replies
Views
I'm currently bidding a project and the customer is wanting to use the migration hardware kit to convert their existing PLC5 to Controllogix. Our...
Replies
Views
I want to use PLC5 to communicate with flex IO, using RIO. Before I proceed I want to clarify my confusion about the addressing scheme, as I am...
Replies
Views
I am looking at an existing installation, PLC5 with a powerflex70 on rack4 There was a 525 and was recently replaced with this PF70. I wanted...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Back in February I was asking for help in adding some I/O to an existing PLC5 installation...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom