Square D Breakers???

darrenj

For all you sparkys out there!!! can you help me out?

I am doing a project now and the sales rep smells blood!! i am looking for the following and the price i am getting is stupid..

the list is as follows...

qty 200 (QOB3020) 20a 3 pole Square D bolt on breakers
qty 200 (QOB1020) 20a 1 pole square D bolt on breakers..

Could i ask you to call your reps and find out the cost for me?? It is usually cheaper to ask for them to come built in to the panels..It is more expensive to buy by the breaker..

I am in canada so some pricing from Canada or the US would help..

If you dont want to reveal your source or publise your price i understand but would ask that you PM me...

Thanks for the help..
Darren

would appreciate it!..i have to put the order in before monday/ tuesday..of next week...but it burns my A** knowing the guys are ripping me off!!

Darren,

I know iti is a ways away, and you are in time crunch.

Try RL Cook in Seattle. He buys surplus from contractors and has a real good price. I know that the distributors (Square D, Allen Bradley etc etc) around town buy from him, so there should be no problem with you getting used junk.
He has lots of "oddball - unique - uncommon(?)" stuff also (lights for flightline at airports, etc etc)

A rough guide I use for pricing is Grainger at least then I have an idea if someone is crazy.

Dan Bentler

cheers dan but i am looking for new rather than surplus..could you find out from grainger?? Most people will tell you the price for this (Its not odd ball stuff..off the shelf kind of thing) over the phone...

Darren

It seems if the suppliers are buying from him then it is new stuff. Maybe they are only buying conduit bodies but I recall relays, switches etc etc. Surplus may be a bad term -- has bad connotations I know -- maybe unused or leftovers from project may be better terms.

Hmm bolt ons maybe they are more expensive - I don't know. Cook should have em and should be new. Quantity may be limited for him though.

Don't deal with bolt ins much and when I do I got the hot gloves and insulated drivers and all that - which I guess is why people call me cause I can do it hot. Still prefer killing the panel tho and breathe a BIG sigh of relief after I succeed in not dropping the screw.

It is 9 pm in Seattle and I do not have Grainger book on boat.

Working tomorrow so,,

Do you have 1 800 Grainger in Canada??

How about 1 800 Sq D ?? Maybe they will give you an estimate of cost. Maybe factory may want to know if vendor is out of line.

Dan

Grainger links:

QOB320 - US$132.35 ea.
QOB120 - US$15.99 ea.

Assume a decent discount for the quantities you're looking at buying, but also realize that Grainger prices already include a markup.

🍻

-Eric

Last edited:
darrenj,
Let me know what interupting rating (10,000.. 22,000) you are looking for and I will find a price for you. It makes a big difference in price.

Gary

My price at a qty of 1 was US$117 and $15.80 from grainger.

I'm sure a qty of 200 could fetch a lower price from another SQ-D distributor.

Thanks every one for the replies...

i must admit i was getting them for 80$ cnd..
if you pay 116$US talk to your disrubutor!!

I use the Grainger catalog for a price reference all the time but in general I can usually purchase the item from them or another source at 20% off their listed price. This is on quatntity items like electrical supplies etc. The discount rate from Grainger can depend on your monthly purchases...ie how much you spend on a regular basis.

At the TN plant we could actually buy Bay lights complete from Grainger for less than ballasts to repair a light. We were paying $104 for a complete HID Bay light