Moeller PS4 ¿what do i need?

plc'r'us

Hello,

I want change the program of a PS4-341-MM1 and a PS4-201-MM1 from Moeller.
I dont know nothing about this PLCs. Could anybody tell me which software (and version) and programming interface or cable do i need?

Thanks

We have a klockner moeller plc here at our plant and i had a problem
with it crashing several years ago. What i found out is if you do
not have the original software and program you are out of luck.
I hope you do not have this problem but we did.

We are members of the Moeller solutions team. An indipendent approved group offering support for Moeller PLC's.
You will need the original source code for the 341 and 201.
The latest software from Moeller is S40v5.2. If you code has been written with an older version the software will automatically convert it to the latest version. The cable you can make up yourself or buy an original. The cable is an 8 pin Din to 9 pin D type.
The software is readilly available. If you need to purchase a copy we can supply this. If this is of any use please email [email protected]

What do you need? 1-2-3

First:- Throw away the Moeller PLC [It's junk].
Secondly:- Replace it with a more common brand AB, Siemens, Omron.
Thirdly:- Program the new PLC and be happy!:)

plc'r'us,

If the PS4-341-MM1 contains a memory card then it is very possible that the original programmer has placed a copy of the source program on the card. In that case, you can upload the source using Sucosoft software and not worry whether or not you have the right version on a disk.

Note that there are some features and commands that the 341 supports that the 201 will not support.

The 341 supports IEC user written functions. The 201 will not (but it does support function blocks).

There is also a significant memory difference. The 201 contains 24k for program and 8k for data. The 341 has 512k that can be split up as needed for program/data.

Other things the 341 has that the 201 does not:
  • 32 bit counter and conversion FB's
  • SSI and Incremental encoder FB's
  • 32 bit BCD conversion FB's
  • Real Time Clock Access FB's
  • Real to IEEE conversion FB's
Yes the PS4 is different but where it really shines is for remote I/O applications. The remote I/O system is built in. No Scanner, No adapter. No decision if you have 1/2 or full rack addressing, No Block transfers, No M files. Too bad they are trying to phase it our for the new X-Control system. The X-Control is much more capable but with all increase in functionality comes some increase in complexity and another learning curve.

Hello ndzied1,
if you are still there (i hope so!) i need help with that matter, too.
The point is that a client of mine has a PS4 and he wants to modifie the programm but he doesn't have the original programm. He also have a memory card with the programm on it, but this programm is like gold for him, because when the PLC lose the programm he can install the memory card and download it (to the PLC).
I've already try to upload the programm from the memory card to the PC using Sucosoft 5.0, but i couldn't, because the only buttons i've found were
the next: PC-->PLC, PC-->MCARD and MCARD-->PLC or something like that.
I'm afraid that if i try to do anything with the MCard i can delete or overwrite the programm and this people kill me.

If you know something that i can do, i will apreciate it very much.
Thank you very much in advance.
Regards,
klokner_alive

Hello klokner_alive,

I know of no way to retrieve the source from a memory card unless the original programmer copied the file there. If not, the only file you will see there is something called RSDAT.DAT. I believe this is the compiled program but I have no way to get the source back from that.

There is a way to copy a program FROM the PLC onto a Memory Card. This will allow them to have an extra memory card so they don't have to kill anyone (maybe just cut off a finger or two :) ).
  • Make sure the program is in the PLC and there is a battery in the plc.
  • Power down the PLC
  • If the mem card w/ the program is in the PLC, remove it.
  • Insert a new memory card into the plc but leave the dark grey handle up. Do not push it down. However, make sure the white houseing of the card is fully inserted.
  • Now power up the PLC
  • After power up is complete, push down the dark grey handle of the memory card.
  • The program from the PLC is now on the new memory card.
  • Test the new card to make sure the program is on it by downloading to a plc that has been clearded.
I have done this successfully and it helps get the backup of the program.

I have decided that while the Germans may have the decipline to archive and protect the original source files for the PS4 PLC's, others do not. There was one person on the board once that claimed to be able to recreate the source from an uploaded file but they would only do it for a fee and I have never tried this route.

Hopefully, the machine is simple and you can re-create the program without too much trouble.

Good Luck to you.