Orlando

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Completely off topic but could someone living in Orlando PM me. Re; info about hotel qualities in the area. Thanks Alan Case

Alan I dont live in Orlando, one of my brothers does. I have worked alot in that area. Universal Studios http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/index.php
is located there and DisneyWorld is not far away http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/index

Any of the major hotel chains will have nice accomodations.
Raddison, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Days Inn, Amerisuites

The closer to the parks the nicer they will be but more expensive, technically this time of year none may be what you would call cheap. Average rate per day will probably be around $200 US, that may be a low estimate too just depends.

Is this a business trip? This may help too http://www.hotelorlando.com/

In general Orlando is a nice tourist city. If this can be a vacation too then I would look at staying at one of the theme parks...ie Universal or Disneyworld.

Last edited:
Last time I stayed in orlando it was a the Hard Rock Hotel in Universal. Emril...the TV cook-guy has a restruant there acrros the canal. I reccomend BOTH.. However if its a busniess trip, it may not be the best answer..As this is a resort town, there are hundreds of hotels, most are great, but expect to be constantly surrounded by kids..

Have a safe trip...

Check for internet access

Some have free internet access either by ethernet cable or wireless. I recently stayed at Disney World. My complaint was their was no ethernet access unless you use a modem and are willing to pay the high rates. I couldn't view this forum for 4 days :(

The Orlando airport has free internet access! :)

Ron's link is good. It depends on what you want to do. There are many options as you can see.

I found a lot of hotels but then when I look on a site called tripadvisor and they nearly always get a really bad rating, even the Hilton and Sheraton. I am starting to think that people on those sites only rate the places when they have a complaint. It is sort of business trip, TechEd 2005 but since I work for myself I have to pay it all so I am shopping around. Thanks

Attended AU 2005 in Orlando (Held at Renaissance Sea World; although I believe RSTechEd is near Universal).

Stayed at the Sheraton World (received the $159/night AU negotiated rate.) Hotel was OK, but on the old side. One upside was the Internet access. Some parts of the resort (hotel is divided into approx 15 two-story buildings plus tower) had wireless access points installed. I did not have wireless, but the phone was equipped with a high-speed Ethernet jack, so that worked for me...

Have fun in Orlando...

Rick