counter issues

G
Having some problems configuring a A-B HSC. Once I enable the HSC I get a flashing fault light on the counter. My configuration starts with the Copy; Source = #N:10.0, Destination = #M0:6.0, Length = 42. The enable bit is M0:6.1/12. I'm using the "First Scan Status Bit" to set the courter.

I'm just not sure want is causing the fault...

Hello guest,

I am no expert with the AB HSC but I am curious why you are using the M0 file and which PLC or card are you using. I have messed/played with the 1769-HSC and there is a lot to that little animal.

Bob O.

Hey Bob...

Just wanted to let you know that the good weather has gone South. Apparently, our local version of Mother Nature just wanted the weather to be fabulous for you while you were visiting.

So... When can you come back? Huh? Now? Huh? Can ya come back now? Pleeeeease?

Terry,

When I get back in your neck of the woods you will be the first to know.
We have had good weather here and I am not sure I want to leave it right now. Nice and sunny except today, about 70 F and I even had to mow. Why do I put that stuff on the yard?

Oh Terry just for you 🍺
Bob O.

Thanks for the beer Bob...

Anxiously awaiting your return. Next time, a smoking bar. And hopefully, without corporate restructuring going on at the same time!

Next time, my treat!

Terry,

Nope, still my treat. That is what expense accounts are for. I thought the ladies would ask about the name of the restaurant, but they didn’t.

For you fellow PLCS.NET members I think I am close on the spelling, it was Tilicome. It is a very nice place that didn’t allow smoking or beers to be taken over to the Terry and Bob smoking area. What is this world coming to?

Bob O.

Bob,

The actual name is the "Tilicum"... as in " 'til I cum". It's a local Indian word... it always worked for me... in my younger days.

Damn... and to think it used to be a biker-bar.

As you say... "What is the world coming to?"

I picked up on the Indian reference from the signs but from the pronunciation of it I was ready for the questions if you know what I mean.

Bob

Bob O,

The CPU is the A-B SLC 5/02 and the counter is 1746-HSCE. I'm using the M Files, which refers to the M0 module data files that reside in the module.

Guest,

Since I haven’t used this card before, I found the manual 1746-um002_-en-p and on page 131 of this PDF it says 1746-HSCE is not compatible with the 5/02.

Edit...This manual is for the 1746-HSCE2 but look on page 131 and see if it helps.

Bob O.

Last edited:
Wrong manual Bob O. Thats for the HSCE2. Guest is working with the HSCE which works with 5/02 and up. Guest - make sure you read, understand and apply the settings for the M files as stated in the manual. It is VERY EASY to mess this up. I:e.0 bit 11 ('e' = slot number) will indicate a 'Configuration Error". I:e.4 bits 0 through 7 will give some help on the nature of the configuration problem. Check these out, modify as nevcessary, and go again.

Bernie I added an edit right after I posted about the manual.
Here is the page I was talking about.

Edit: I just looked in my AB Automation System cat. and bernie is correct that it can be used with the 5/02 but what is the module compatibility talking about in the attached pdf?
Sorry if I spoke out of turn.

Last edited:
It's definately compatible, I did a retrofit on a machine that had a 5/02 and a HSCE in it running for years.

Like Bernie said QUADRUPLE check all your numbers, one bit in the wrong place can totally screw that thing up. In fact that machine that I retrofit ran for 2 years with out a hitch then just last week they called me and told me a part they tried to make didn't work. I looked at the files and I had put an 8 where it should have been a 15. So I had 3 bits that were wrong, but the point is you gotta have it configured right or its not going to work.

Thanks for the pointers…but my problem was a [size=+2]Senior Moment.[/size] I forgot to configure my data register N: 10.0.

I do have an excuse [highlight]I am over 50.[/highlight]