A Giant HMI Video Wall

Gentlemen:

Our company will soon start building a A Giant HMI Video Wall composed of 16 TFT-LCD video monitors 24” diagonal.

QUESTION:

• Has anyone in this forum ever attempted such a large array display?
  • If it’s true that Window XP places a limitation on the number of monitors that can support, I have heard rumors of 10 monitors as the maximum number. It this true?
  • The HMI will be spread across all the displays in the Video Walls, does anyone knows a software-driver solution?

Your comments will be highly appreciated.

Andy

never gave that any thought. But that has got to be impressive when completed. To bad you so far away I'd love to see that. Maybe you could post some pics when completed.

Sorry I coouldn't help.

Drewcrew6

I believe its more of a function of the video card than Windows. Some of the video mfgs have drivers that allow more than one video card to be used in a single system. See this link for some more info (they talk about 16 monitors).

BTW, there is a sports bar near me that has I believe 20 screens and they switch between one big one and 20 small ones for multiple games. I would think the same technology could be implemented and there are probably companies out there that do it on a (somewhat) regular basis.

Last edited: