PDF995 & DirectSoft 4.0

elevmike

So I'm having problems printing a ladder to PDF995 from DirectSoft. My confuser seems to lock up. However no problems printing pdf documents from other Windows applications..

So am I "special" or are other DS4 users having the same issues?

Thanks, Mike

Mike,

I think your special. I just print to pdf with out a problem.

Soon to be in Vegas,
Bob O.

My version is 3.0 Build 52 and I didnt have a problem, it actually made me realize my END instruction wasnt there. I have a new brick version but havent installed it yet.

YEP your just special.

Mom always said you were special...

I print PDFs all the time from DS32 V4.0 Build 25. No problems, but then again, I'm using Distiller, not PDF995... :confused:

🍻

-Eric

Damn, I always wondered why I took the short yellow bus to schooll....

Something else to work on this weekend... Bummer.

OK I found the problem!!

Somehow the active DirectSoft links are interfering with PDF995. So I had to right click on all the active links, left click on "error log" and uncheck the "link enabled" box. Once I disabled all the active links, PDF995 worked great!!

Mike, thanks for posting the solution, becuause I've seen a similar problem with Acrobat 4.0 trying to pdf web pages with active elements. But I never paused to troubleshoot. It sounds like your solution might work there as well.

Dan

Dan,

I've discovered that if I'm online with a PLC & DS4.0, that my IP-internet connection is somehow blocked (maybe they use some of the same resourses). PDF995 (the free version) seems to require an internet connection to work due to the pop-up ad, that "funds" it. So I'm wondering if the no-sponsord version of PDF995 will work with the DirectSoft links enable? Maybe I'll spill $20.00 and find out..

But now that I know what the issue is, it's not really a problem anymore..

bernie_carlton said:
I've always been offline when printing (either paper or PDF). I wonder if 'paper' printing would have problems also with active links?

Bernie,

I've never had a problem with "paper printing" or printing to a PDF from other apps like MS Word or Excell.. Only with DS4.0 and only with the DS4.0 Links enabled. What's really funny. If I leave DS4 open and links enabled and go to print a PDF from Word..no problem..

So the issue is only when printing from DS4 to a PDF with the DS4 links enabled.