jesper, steve, any1 outthere plz help advice

crying_baby

hi its me again ,

i got the equipments in the lab runing but not usign teh PLc this week.

i contacted the supplier and they replied that the leybold PLC system is based on SIEMEN's PLC (simatic s7 series) . and they also mentioned a doubt whether SIEMEn's PLC caninterface with LOGIC MASTER 90 by gefanuc( which has intel's processor)

----------------------
my question is;
is it possible to communicate between the leybold system(for driving the motor , VVVF, control units) using teh GEFANUC logicmaster90, which is intel processor? is there a communnication bbarrier for this , ? as doubted from teh supplier response? plz advice

------------------
what i m doing now in the lab is to get the PLC to make digital outputs, the 9relays from teh gefanuc lm90 is need to make discrete voltages out put to drive the -+10v SETPOINTS values to the control unit on the 735291,
how? is this is possible to be done using ladder logic ? plz help..

thanks much

Last edited:
If you need to write a probgram for a Leybold controller, you will need their software. Logicmaster software is used to create ladder logic programs that run on GE Fanuc PLCs.

ok . thanks steve,

steve,
concerning the previous post, the i/o module iin the lab is also from gefanuc. The computer got he lm90 software that communicates with teh PLC. however, teh leeybold control unit that accepts the -+ 10v SETPOINTS values is from siemens simatic s7. it got only 1 4mm input for it which could connects it to the PLC output.
---------------------------------------------------------------

my doubt
---------------------------------------------------------------
however, the PLC(IC693udr005) got 9output relay, that , only 1 output from PLC . plz enlighten me. can i possibly make the plc giv discrete outputs to feed into the 4mm socket but how ? i mean , there's only 1 , 4mm jack at the control unit, on the leybold,

should i use the high speed counter output instead of the relays to emanate the discrete voltagel
------------------------------------------------------
p/s: i m assuming that i use the PLC of gefanuc, prgm from computer, and hook it up to hte leybold control unit.

this doesnt restrict the PLC to communicate with the control unit rite?
----------------------------------------------------------------

=================================================
summary,
=====================================================
plc and software i got is by ge3fanuc

the rest of hte pieces ie. control unit, vvvf pwm generator all is by leybold ( which is based on siemen's simatic s7)

plz enlighten me .

Thanks much

The IC693UDR005 has 16 DC inputs, 11 relay outputs, and 1 DC output. The DC output can be configured as a frequency output which can be connected to a signal conditioner and converted to an analog. Details of the ladder logic are published in the manual GFK-1065D which is available at the GE Fanuc website.

hi , i m back, i m trying to generate pwm signal from the ic693UAL006 where in teh manual it says load register aq002 for the frequency and thenm, the aq003 for the duty cycle, after configuring the i/o of the plc eo enable pwm output at %q0001.

however, after setting a v alue, by simply adding some decimal values into the register such as add_int and send the output to aq002, doing also the same for the aq003, i try measure the output at %q1, i cant get a pwm signal . is there something i missout?

the plc i m using got 1 pwm output at adress q001 or q1 if enabled in the i/o configuration

any1 , jesper , steve, plz advice plz. if there is any similarity with other ladder program ie, omrons etc

in the manual it only mention that enable the pwm output at %q1 and then the relevent register is aq2, aq3 for namely freq and duty cycle,

where did i do wrong

Last edited:
Did you follow the example from the manual? What values are you using in AQ002 and AQ003? What are you using to measure the output?
thanks steve, i follow the example g-5 of gfk-1065F,

but after this cant gif the pwm, i reduced everything to.

rung 1:
--------
input_sw | add |
--] [---------------------- int |-
| |
| |-aq002
12299 -----| |
00000-----| |
--------

and rung2 is same as above , but the aq003,

i measure using oscilloscope probe , nothing happens

Is the PLC in RUN?
thanks rast
yes, i stopped it and turn it to run , when loading ladder to the plc, several times,

Put a value of 12299 into AQ002. That should give you a pulse frequency of 100 Hz. For an on-time percentage (duty cycle) of 50%, put 6150 into AQ003.

thanks steve,

yes, for the pwm signal, since in the i/o configuration i set it to enable for pwm out %q0001, to what i understand is, if i enable the pwm in this, by default, the output at adres %q0001 turns to pwm output, but, i cant get the pwm to display in a osiclloscope,

the plc itself also got a build in led disply, for all teh %q00x output, i doubt there is a pwm generated because, the led at %q0001 isnt blinking(due that pwm is on and off pulses)

how? i tried several rung,s again, . is the other manufactured plc brand out there is simply a matter of turning on the pwm i/o and pluck in some (in range) value to the related registers, and viola, the default pwm output generates the pwm. . plz, help

in the manual also, it mention that this pwm can use for dc motor control, i cant even get the pwm right plzz.. help advice.

/sigh. How are you measuring the output on the scope?

Did you enter the values Steve provided? Are they actually there? Try Moving them on every program scan.

Did you read the MANUAL for your PLC, where it says for the DC Output:

" Note "
"A pulldown resistor, connected between Q1 and COM1, is required for high frequency Pulse and PWM (up to 2Khz)--refer to Chapter 5 for low value)outputs and for duty cycles in the lower ranges (5% and lower). A 1.5 Kohm, 0.5 watt resistor is recommended for this purpose"

Using Steve's values, that isn't strictly necessary, but still not a bad practice. Have you actually READ the manual?

Maybe you should post your program?

thanks rast, i will fully follow the manual now. because, the lab assistant told me that teh pulldown resistor was not nececssary. so i just directly use a ADD_INT function and directly adds 12299 and 00000 and set the sum to aq002, i did another rung for add 00050 adds 00000 to aq0003 . then, i measure the signal of q1 and earth com1. i didnt do the resistor as the lab techie tell me its not necessary . i redo everything over again. sori careless.