PLC programming using C language

venkatesh20

i would like to like to know the possibilities of using C language for programming PLC. Can i get a software or compiler which converts c code in to ladder logic . I need this thing For my undergraduate project and its very urgent plz some help me

venkatesh
[email protected]

The PLC you can programe in
1. Ladder logic : AB, Mistubshi,B & R, Modicon,Siemens
2. Structural text : AB, B & R, Modicon,Siemens
3. C language : B & R
4. Functional Block Diagram : AB,B & R, Modicon,Siemens
5. Sequantional Flow Chart :AB, Mistubshi, Modicon,Siemens
6. Automation Basic : B & R

Their are many PLC brands aviabl in market
i think there is less possbily of c complier C --> ladder for FREE
may be some companys are offering but that is PRODUCT SPECIFIC , you cannot have UNIVERSAL Complier for PLC
if you are interstade then you should use B & R 2003 or 2005 Series PLCS which support C language ,also you can Build Header files , Pointers , Structurs

Thanks
Sandymax

MAny PLCs have co-processor models available that may run C programs. AutomationDirect.com has a WinPLC that runs CE, for example. Most of these run Basic, but if you check the specs or the manufacturer's representative you can determine if they will also run C programs. Check Pro-Soft for Allen Bradley and Horner Electric for GE.

If you really want to programme PLC in C, you can use the Siemens Simatic M7 that runs M7 RMOS32 platform. Then you can combine Siemens basic software package with the integrated development environment provided by the Borland C/C++ compiler.
The learning curve of the software is pretty steep though.

AB PLC5 has a co-processor that runs C. The 1771-DMC/1/4 can directly access PLC data table in usec time vs. the slower block transfers.