Protool registering

Redkill

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the registration of emergencystopbuttons in Protool. For example... If I have 5 buttons, can I register when, for how long and how many times they've been pushed? (In an orderly fashion because the department of administration needs this)

Thanks.

I doubt that could be done in Protool itself. What you could do is setup counters for each button in the plc, setup clock to do time stamp when pushed and time when reset then subtract to obtain how long.

You can use Protool to setup the HMI to display the count and times.

I am not real strong on Siemens so maybe some with more experience can explain in better detail or offer an easier solution.

The counting bit is easy , but these aren't real estops that someone could rely on - are they ?