Rookie Prog. first time using S7 Help

Foty

I was wondering if they’re someone or some person that could assist me. I’m starting a project from scratch. I just got out from school and my knowldge is limited on how to go about programming the 300 series :D

Foty,

Best thing to do is set up a test rig then do a few simple exercises.
I would suggest wiring up a power supply, CPU, 1 input and 1 output card.
Next connect it to the PC.
Next program a simple latching on/off motor starter circuit in OB1.
Next transfer this to FC 1 and call it from OB 1.
Next modify this to use FC1's I/O variables, and call this from OB1 three times for three different sets of I/O.

Have the siemens help line available, and read the manuals carefully.

The above steps seem simple, but there are a few catches to them. It will probably take you several days to complete them.
Once you have finished this, you can start to play around with timers and other cool stuff.

Doug

Hi, I think what u need to do is:
1. own step7 v5.1 software and pc/mpi adapter(download cable)
2. have one set of s7-300 cpu or install the simulation software PLC-sim v4.0 to step7.
3. download the user manual of step7 from siemens site or others site.
4. read the muanul, use the software.

just feel free to contact me if you need any help.