ab problem

gary marano

I am trying to connect to a rs logic 1000 plc and i have slc500
software on my lap top i hope i said that right. What my problem
is that i get a window saying driver not configured. But yet
on the upper left hand below the no edits their a driver number.
rslynx is installed i do not know how to configure a driver to
my laptop. I also get a no response from processor at selected
path/node. What the hell is a node? Yes i am a newbe please help!
At the top of the screen their is a window saying driver but when i click on it all it says is driver.

Try this.

Go to RSLinx and get to the "Configure Drives". It is the middle icon that looks like a cable. Click on the drop down field for available driver types. Then highlight RS232 - DF1 and click on "Add New". Click OK for the default name. Another menu box opens up.

Click in the Device Drop dwon box and select SLC CH0/Micro/Panelview. Make sure you are tied to the MicroLogix 1000 then hit Auto-Configure. This should set you up automatically.

Good Luck,

Todd.