How to interface an operator panel to PLC

peter.wong

Hello everyone,

I had a operator touchscreen panel from Giddings & Lewis - PIC 2100 series and I am trying to connect it to the 485 port of an Allen Bradley PLC (SLC 500)but it was unsuccessful.

I had dig up some information on the protocol that was used by this panel to communicate to PLC. The protocol calls "PIC Page" and believed developed by Cutler Hammer.

Can anyone confirm the protocol used for this panel and where to go to get the protocol information? Any information that might be helpful is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Peter

Similar Topics

hi all i want to add operator interface to mutshibishi plc Fx1s-series,, can any one guide which operator interface can directly communicate with...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for an Operator Interface panel that is capable of generating reports into a Secure PDF format to meet FDA requirements. Space is an...
Replies
Views
I've inherited a project that has 5 ea. Wago 750-881 controllers. Each one is connected to a Yokogawa DX-1000 paperless Chart Recorder. The...
Replies
Views
I am in the process of replacing Siemens OP 7-DP operator interface and need to down load the programming from the old operator, then upload to...
Replies
Views
I am looking for a User Interface Eason Model 1000 for parts. It is used with a Controllogix 5555. I found one at PLC Center and anaother at ebay...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom