Explanation of motor characteristics

RMA

Some time ago (a couple of months, perhaps?), in a thread about (synchronous?) motor control, somebody posted a link to a website - I'm fairly sure it was Siemens - where they had some really good diagrams explaining the characteristics of different types of motors and their controllers (amongst other characteristics slip, constant power, constant torque, etc.).

I've spent almost an hour searching for it but I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody remember, or know, where the link is?

I have one PDF I've downloaded from here that has some descriptions. I'm not sure if its the one your looking for. but its too large to post here its called motioncontrol89.pdf. The limit of 300 kb is really restrictive. the average PDF file is over 500 kb of data.

No the one I'm looking for was not downloadable, because the explanations were animated. It was really well done and very clear for somebody likely me with very limited (read "no") motor experience.

I assume it would be one of our drive gurus who posted it, so hopefully they may notice this post tonight (my time!).

Thanks for the thought though.

Good

The second link is from Ron`s site it`s one of his stickies.
It`s got alot of good stuff in it! (y)