rsview ME and Control Logix

darrenj

O.K. i am almost finished with project!! YEA!!

The mechanics would like an output test on the screen..(They want to activate a particular output to test it)

I have approx 90 outputs.

any suggestions??

Thanks

darren

I can see a couple of different ways to do this one, depending on how your contrologix program is set up. Lets get a little more information, and try to figure out the best(most efficient) way.

1.How many separate programs/routines do you have for the machine to control machine outputs, and are the programs continuous, periodic, or event driven?
2.Are they looking to be able to turn 1 output at a time on, or are they looking to test multiple items at the same time.
3.Do you need to block other outputs from turning on during testing?
4.Ummmm.... Anything else you want to throw in?

o.k...

all outputs are in one routine..
outputs are tested one at a time

the only output that comes on should be the output being tested..no others..

Anything else to add..I can do it with individual buttons but was looking for something a little more "flashy" or user freindly...

such as the user enters a number (each output is assigned a number) after they enter that number then they can push another button "activate" or "deactivate"...does that make sence?

Yes, that makes sense.... This shouldn't be too horribly hard to do... You'll have to play with it a little bit....

You are going to want to make up a new routine, and call up the routine with a "test mode" tag.... This tag would also disable the "normal" routine that operates the outputs, to make sure that only the specified output comes on at one time. You may also want to come up with a routine to put zeros into all outputs before calling up the test routine, but I'm not sure if that will be necessary or not.

Next, you are going to create a control list, and put each one of the output tags into the list. Since you aren't going to be using any ladder logic to control the outputs, when you call up the test routine you can just write a 0 or 1 to the output tags directly.

Hopefully this makes some sense... I haven't had to create this setup from scratch yet, so I may be leaving some key points out.... I've just been using a setup that another programmer put together. Hopefully someone else will chime in as well.

i looked at the control list thing tonight..it was one of my thoughts....

o.k. so i have my list made up now how do i reference that to activate and deactivate..again i hope you understand!

o.k. just reviewed it again...

So i would refence that control list value 1 is output x..I guess i could that in the exprn. part of the hmi??

You're probably going to want to use the control list to pick which output is going to be selected, and then use a separate pushbutton (or numeric input from 0-1) to actually turn the currently selected output on and off;

O.K. Got it going as you suggested..I was looking for an easy way out but sometimes its just not possible!

It works good just some tweaking with outputs that are latching on me.

Thanks
D