One-Shot in GX Developer?

Steve Etter

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi All.

I have been working for a while now with GX Develeper to program the Mitsubishi AnS- and Q-Series PLCs. While it hasn't been critical to any of my applications (always been able to go some other route to meet my need), I have not been able to figure out yet how to program a one-shot ("pulse" bit) in GX developer.

For clarification, I already know about placing a "P" behind a command to turn it into a "pulse" command (the "move" command MOV becomes MOVP) and I use this type of command as needed. What I am looking for is the equivalent of the OSR bit - where, for example, an input going true is used only for one scan. I have been able to find it in the selection process, I just can't seem to implement it correctly.

Anybody have a code example they would be willing to share?

Steve

sF7 gives you a rising pulse, I think its actually on the tool bar.
sF8 falling pulse etc

(In addition to the previous reply)

OSR can be achieved with a contact or a rung modifier. The contact version (it looks like a normally open contact with an arrow pointing upwards in the middle) only affects the logic for that particular contact in the rung. The rung modifier version (an arrow pointing upward) will act as an OSR for all the logic proceeding it in the rung. Note: Mitsubishi doesn't require you to assign an additional bit for the OSR function like AB does.

Make sure you are displaying the toolbar which contains the logic elements, you will soon realize which is which. Selecting which toolbars to display will probably be in the view menu or something like that.

Last edited:
I think you are looking for this

--| |---------[PLS M0]

The normally open bit will cause M0 to pulse on for one scan (and all M0 bits)

You need to select [ ] square brakets for 'instruction' rather than ( ) round brackets for coil

Same is with contact instructions... just add P or F...
instead of typing "ld M0" to get NO contact M0,
simply type "ldp M0" for rising or "ldf M0" for falling edge.
note that older processors don't support this and you have
to use output instruction such as PLS like Goody explained.

maybe this helps:

LDP.GIF

Thanks for the replies. I had to travel today so I was not able to respond before now.

I now know how to do it and it is not exactly the same when using an AnS series vs. the Q-series processors.

With the AnS series, Goody's method ([PLS M0])is the the one that works. The sF7 and sF8 are not available (and, of course, this was the method I had been trying).

With the Q-series, on the other hand, both work.

Once again, thanks to all.

Steve