Help with OSR

skalor

I'm using RSlogix 500 software and I'm having trouble writing my first program. I have input that is triggering an ouput with a 10 ms timer after the input is triggered. What I need to do is cycle the output as long as the input reads true. I'm pretty sure I need to use an OSR, but I have no idea how to set it up with the TOD function only being used for the intial cycle but not there after. Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:
Let me get this understood, you want when the input goes true to delay for 10ms then turn on the output and leave output on until input goes false...correct?

Try this
tmrdone.jpg

That's exactly what I have so far, but I need the output to pulse as long as the input is true.

Depending on what your flash rate needs to be you could use s:4

for an slc

Free Running Clock S:4
Status Only the first 8 bits (byte value) of this word are assessed by the processor. This value is zeroed at powerup in the REM Run mode. You can use any individual bit of this byte in your user program as a 50% duty cycle clock bit. Clock rates for S:4/0 to S:4/7 are: 20, 40, 80, 160, 320, 640, 1280, and 2560 ms.The application using the bit must be evaluated at a rate more than two times faster than the clock rate of the bit.

for a micrologix
Free Running Clock S:4
All 16 bits of this word are assessed by the controller. The value of this word is zeroed upon power up in the REM Run mode or entry into the REM Run or REM Test mode. It is incremented every 100 microseconds thereafter.
Application note: You can write any value to S:4. It will begin incrementing from this value. You can use any individual bit of this word in your user program as a 50% duty cycle clock bit. Clock rates for S:4/0 to S:4/15 are: 20, 40, 80, 160, 320, 640, 1280, 2560, 5120, 10240, 20480, 40960, 81920, 163840, 327680, and 655360 ms The application using the bit must be evaluated at a rate more than two times faster than the clock rate of the bit.
In the following example, bit S:4/3 toggles every 80 ms, producing a 160 ms clock rate. To maintain accuracy of this bit in your application, the instruction using bit S:4/3 (O:1/0 in this case) must be evaluated at least once every 79.999 ms.

Go to help and search "free running clock"

example:-

Last edited: