Ain't it funny ?

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
Looking for spec to decide something else, I stumpled on these.

Hey, this is on the same module not on an extension ...

What or better why would that be?

I would imigane that the higher input current would be for filtering possable leakage current from some solid state input devices such as prox switches and such.

Just a guess..

Impedance (marriage)

They answers no focus or without importance.

This signifies, that the Chips of the inputs not equal. Certainty therefore X0-X4 is inputsof high speed.These values are VITAL IMPORTANCE for verify the compatibilization of the device dispositive conected to input.
Is about Impedance input:
R=24/000.7 = 3428ohms R=24/0.005=4800ohms
Dispositive conected have the value impedance is perfect.
If dispositive is high impedance fail "power" to active input.
Ignorate information => Common case, measure tension OK value, LED input LIGHT ON and NO active input.
Any case, add resistor in parallel to work level correct. Other people know, complete reply

This difference in inputs is used by some brands to get different characteristics for the various inputs. If you check the specifications farther, you will see that X0-X7 have some features that the others do not. An obvious one is that X0-X7 will accept more current than X10-X17. In some PLCs, the first few inputs may be isolated, or high-speed, or double-throw, or capable of accepting analog inputs...the list goes on.

Is the question the amount or the difference ? if the difference , it wouldn't particularly concern me - there are times when a low input impedance can be of use - say two wire devices - but the difference ? not so important for me. there are so many reasons why the impednace could differ - hi speed switching is just one.