plc siemens s5 115u , cpu943B

abuelfun

Hello
friends
I have a plc siemens S5 115u cpu 943 B machine was runing smoothly and stopped for break ,but when restarted the following
appears :
1. when switching machine on , the three indicators (QVZ,ZYK,BASP)switched on ,then indicator (RN,ST)switched on .
2. Second step the indicators (RN,QVZ,ZYK)switched off.
3. Third the stop indicator (ST )start flashing and indicator
(BASP)remain on continuously .
N.B.
* All above indicators on cpu .
* The input modules indicators are on .
* The output modules indicators are off (no output).

Thank you in advance

abuelfun

With the BASP light on solid this means that the CPU is in 'stop' mode, you also stated that the ST light is flashing.

Would you say that the LED was flashing or flickering?

If the LED is flickering this indicates that the CPU has failed the self test routine, the cure for this is to change the CPU. If the LED is flashing this indicates that there is a memory error.

Paul

plc s5 115u , cpu 943B

hello
Paul
Ist of all thank you for your collaboration ,as you said
if the led is flikering the cure is to change cpu ,but in my case the is flashing (memory error), shall i make overall reset
and download new program or what do you suggest.

best regards

abuelfun said:
shall i make overall reset
and download new program or what do you suggest.

My knowledge of 'memory faults' is very limited on S5's, but if I had a back up of the original program then I would certainly try a complete wipe of the PLC memory and reload the program.

It is worth a try.:confused:

Paul