I/o addresing for the 504 allen bradley

darrentpi

Hi It has been a while for me to do any programming, but I am having trouble entering my I/o addresing. For eg.
I have a 504 plc, and the processor is mounted in slot 0, and I have a input module in slot 1, and slot 2, as well as a output module in slot 3. How do I enter my addresing for this type of plc. eg. If I wanted to insert a stop input, and then following a start input, how would I number them. I;01/00 for stop and I:01/01 for start, or is this wrong, every time I enter it, I get a rung error!
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Darren

hi,
i just programed with rslogix 500, for slc5, but what you are entering seems correct, except that in the first value you are using ; instead of :. so if it is a copy paste of the rung you are trying to enter, check it out.

if not. i don't know the answer

First you have to configure the I/O modules for there to be I/O addresses to associated to. On the menu on left click IO configuration and add the modules.

The proper format is I:0/0 etc.

The way to do with RSLogix 500 for SCL is: for input card in slot 1 is I:1/0,I:1/1,etc... For input card in slot 2 is I:2/0, I:2/1,etc... For output card in slot 3 is O:3/0, O:3/1, O:3/2,etc.
This is just for discrete I/O cards, if they are analog, replace the "/" by a dot "."
Make sure you have your I/O configured correctly before verifying the project.

Dont bother typing it in to get started. Drag and drop from the data table, that way you will see the correct syntax. Alan

May be

This will help?
504.jpg

:site:

Even better! Use the "Address/symbol picker" and just drag and drop from it.That way, you use the nickname when entering into the ladder logic. I find that a lot easier than trying to remember " Did i make 1 the start, or was it 2?" Just drag and drop "start". I'd be lost without it. Good Luck!