NIM Module

fids

We have a SLC 5/04 with a NIM module installed on its chasis. the nim module is connected to a meter. does anyone knows what is the function of the NIM module and how to configure it. thanks

NI designates it as analog input, the M I assume is for meter since it is connected to one so I am "guessing" its a single channel analog input module with meter. I have not been able to locate anything that says NIM.

Can you get the full part number for the module? May require pulling the card out and looking on side of it.

In many applications "NIM" stands for Network Interface Module.

With out further information, no one is going to be able to answer you question. What is the make and model number of the NIM?

Can't remember right now, but Prosoft may call thier Modbus cards "NIMs".

If it's a PROSOFT or Spectrum Controls module, it's old as that P/N is not listed by either manufacturer. AB doesn't list it either; is it possilble that it is an NI4?