cheapest 4-20 mA analog input card

automan said:
Signals will be read into a 12 bit word.

I love the discussions that go on here sometimes.

Seriously, do you already have a PLC? Programming software?
Are you going to be using this analog value to control anything?

Do you need a PLC input card, or would a stand-alone multi-meter suffice? How about a PC interface card?

What are you asking, and what do you want?
I think you will find that you can answer your own question.

I want to read some analog values and log them.I'll implement the logger program by Visual Basic.There is no PLC and no CONTROL

look at pioco in england they make an A/D converter and is connected to a serial port

works great and can be used in any program even a laptop.

I never try to buy the "cheapest" anything - life is too short to put up with the BS that almost always results.

I try to buy the least expensive item that I know will provide a high level of quality and reliability and not cause me problems or headaches. That is what I refer to as the best value. Sometimes, but not often, this is also the cheapest item. Sometimes, but not often, this is the most expensive item. Usually it is somewhere in between.