Micromaster 440

shandra_ck

Hi all,

I am new to Micromaster. Need some info on this topic.

A new micromaster 440 (6SE6400-1PB00-0AA0) was added in the hardware configuration in a another notebook.

This module works with Micromaster Profibus 6SE6440-2AD37-5FA1.

My problem is I am not able to see the micromaster 440 in the hardware configuration in my notebook. I did add the gsd file but no idea why I can't see them.

Attached herewith is the snapshot of simatic manager and hw config.

In the Simatic manager, there is a icon for micromaster 400 profibus but when I go to the property it prompted "The data are read only".

Any idea why? Do I have to install any other software?

Please advice.

Thanks

Regards,

Shandra

My problem is I am not able to see the micromaster 440 in the hardware configuration in my notebook. I did add the gsd file but no idea why I can't see them.
Which version of Step7 are you using? With V5.2 (I think) or later you can update the catalogue over the Internet. I've never had to do it yet, but I would guess it'll be somewhere in one of the option menus in HW-Config itself.

In the Simatic manager, there is a icon for micromaster 400 profibus but when I go to the property it prompted "The data are read only".

This is usually caused by having the object concerned opened in another Simatic Program, for example, having a block open in the STL/LAD/FBD editor.

In this case, I would guess you've still got the HW-Config open.

Thanks RMA

I am using STEP 7 V 5.1 Service pack 6.

I'll check for the updates..

And regarding the error message "The data are read only",
I still get the message even though I close other application (hardware congfig or STL.).

Is there anything to do with Drive ES basic installation?

- Shandra

I also use DrivesES Basic with my MicroMaster Drives. I loaded a project on a second PC that does not have DrivesES installed. When the project opened, a window appeared indicating that components were missing on the PC, but I could click the OK button and still load the project. When I went to the Hardware Configuration, I was still able to see the drive and open the properties. However, the drive does not show up in the Simatic Manager on the PC that does not have DrivesES installed. So, I guess that even if you didn't have DrivesES installed, you should still see you drive in the Hardware Configuration.

On my PC with DrivesES installed, if I have the project open in the Hardware Configuration, and then click on the drive icon in the Simatic Manager, Starter automatically opens. So, while having the Hardware Configuration open may not help, it did not cause the "The data are read only" error when I tried it.

Since you mentioned the GSD file, my MicroMaster 420 project uses the SI0280B5.gse file (this file is also used for the 440 drives). The file is located in the \Siemens\Step7\S7DATA\NSMET path. Have you tried adding a MM440 drive in your hardware configuration to make sure the GSD file is properly installed on your PC?

Except that your picture shows the MicroMaster 400 in your Simatic Manager, I would guess the drive (or its data) is missing from the project. Can you still see the drive in the other notebook, the one where the MM440 was added? When you write "another notebook" do you mean notebook computer?

Hi,

Thanks for the information.
Firstly, the notebook I referred was actually a notebook pc.

I have attached another snaphot, taken when I tried to add a new micromaster in the hardware configuration.

Micromaster 440 in the cataloque does not show any icon, only the folder.
And the message , no idea why.

Can anyone explain that.

I did add the other gse file but I still can't view the micromaster 440 in hw configuration.

Maybe I try to uninstall the drive es and install them again.

- Shandra

Your new snapshot did not appear.

Here is a snapshot of a Hardware Configuration where I have used two different methods of adding a MicroMaster drive. The arrows show where I got the file from the catalogue for each method. Does your catalog show either of these?

HWConfig.JPG

By the way, from the Simatic Manager, only the drive that I added at node 7 (top method) shows in the project tree. I don't know why, I just thought it was odd.

SManager.JPG

I attached the project I created these pictures from. Can you open the drives from this project?

Can you open the drives in your project on the Notebook PC the drives were added on?

/sigh, Step-7 is incredibly stupid at times, and the hardware catalog is very stupid.

You abosolutely positively need to make sure that whan you pick a Profibus-slave drive, the little help-text window at the bottom of the catalog list specifically says 'Using DrivesES interface' or something very much like that.

If it doesn't, it won't actually integrate into a Step7 project.

Heres the scoop,

Step7 gives you the ability to use the DriveES profile or the stardard(very smart).It appears from his screen shots that Starter did not load properly. This is why he does not get the icon but the MM4 profile in the hardware config. did install. The one thing that bothers me though is the icons from his past post looks like the old DVA S7 software. Can he post the complete project??

rdrast and JRW,

Thanks for the DrivesES explanation. One more question regarding the Simatic Manager. From the root project level I can insert a SIMOTION drive (or drive for that matter) and a drive appears. Double clicking this starts DrivesES/Starter. But, this drive does not appear in the Hardware Config. So what is the point of inserting a drive at this level? Just to have one in the project?

SManager2.JPG

The purpose is to have all the drives integrated into one project.

For example if I 20 drives communicating to an AB, I can still archive the project and store all the parameter sets within a project.

mm4 starter cd rom

hi,
we just purchase new equipment with a mm4 drive.all i like to do is copy all the parameters to my laptop.there is a micromaster pc tools cd rom that goes with the equipment.IS THE INSTALLATION OF THIS STARTER TO MY PC STRAIGHTFORWARD?

THANKS,
SENEN