A little OT

GregPLC

I know we've talked about what type of laptops we all like to use, along with other various equipment. What about carrying cases and staying organized out in the field/plant?

I went through a couple of laptop bags, and they were either too small to hold all the gear or they were so big they required wheels. I found a nice "backpack" style computer bag that is larger than most "consumer" laptop cases and is comfortable to carry on the shoulder. Holds quite a bit of junk actually. Anyone else have anything better?

Also, cables, in the carrying case. I found a separate ziplock bag (the kind with the slider zipping mechanism) work descently for cables. I have 1 or 2 cables in each bag. Seems to work ok, but does someone else use something better?

I also use a rubbermaid portable tool chest, with a nice top for my laptop....this avoids the 2 5-gallon bucket setup at least...

Just curious if someone uses something extremely convenient or handy for the listed above...

Greg

I hope so as it gets expensive to keep buyin laptops!

It wasnt cheap here in the UK about £180 from memory

I need to get me one of these. Its frustrating finding a place to setup on a plant floor sometimes.

table_tote_large.jpg

GregPLC said:
Looks like a durable case, looks like it could at least take a minimal fall and still be ok....

Those are vertually indistructable cases!! I have my power quality stuff in one and it gets kicked around quie a bit..Never had a problem..Expensive as hell but worth the money..

GregPLC said:
I found a nice "backpack" style computer bag that is larger than most "consumer" laptop cases and is comfortable to carry on the shoulder.

I used one of these, too. It was very easy to cram a lot of tools, papers, and computer stuff into it.

Added bonus: the laptop gnomes can spot a traditional case a mile away and make it disappear. But, they're not always smart enough to figure out what's in a backpack.

AK

For a portable laptop table, I use one I bought at Menards (a Midwest US building supply house) that has a molded resin top and folding legs, tubular steel, somewhat like an ironing board. (Enduro made by GSC Technology in Champlain, NY)

Very light to carry and stable. $20 for a model with a 30" x 20" top.

I added a drawer pull handle to the side for carrying.

Dan

Haven't found the ideal bag yet, but as for setup.... I usually steal one of the creform part presentation / material handling devices our IE's dream up. Usually, one of them doubles well as a laptop stand.

jstolaruk said:
I need to get me one of these. Its frustrating finding a place to setup on a plant floor sometimes.

table_tote_large.jpg
very good but its quite bulky! especially when where in hurry in work cope-up the pending failure of the machine. So simple matters just put a protection jacket fit to the Lap Top so you can put anywhere as you want then put into the nap-sack bag comfortable for you to carry thats it!