stepper motor optional encoder reset

russrmartin

I have a SLC500 talking to a small AB Ultra 100 drive via a 1746-hstp1 stepper module. This setup has an optional encoder wired to the stepper input module. So, we have 2 encoders on this machine. For the current position, we are using the one wired to the "optional" second encoder input. When the drive hits a home prox, we are moving a 512 into the drive config word(setting bit 9 of the config word to 1). This resets the drive position but the optional encoder count is not changed. Does anyone have any idea how I can reset this? I did try setting bit 14 of the config word, which is labeled preset encoder position, but it made no change. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Russ

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, This is my first time posting, so please forgive any omissions or mistakes. I am attempting to control the velocity of a stepper...
Replies
Views
I'm controlling an Applied Motion HW23-601D using a Leadshine EM542S connected to a 2080-LC50-48QBB, using CCW, and experiencing some weird...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am using the following: Eaton E4-AC-12RXP PLC I am trying to control the CL86T which controls a Closed-Loop Stepper motor. I am using...
Replies
Views
Not totally PLC related, but I figured this would be a good place to ask: I have an application where 7 small parts are being gripped and then...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm working with an s7-1200 and a stepper motor in Tia portal v17. This stepper motor is an SMD23E2 and I am attempting to connect...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom