networking

sony

i am working on 11 plcs 9 HMIs of AB.along with that i have 4 robos of nachi in interfaced with it.can u suggest any protocol other than devicenet & profibus so that it becomes simpler for communication between systems.

What do you mean exactly 'Between Systems'?

For HMI / Supervisory communications, stick to Ethernet.

For Device level control, stick with Devicenet/Profibus/some_other_industrial_device_control_standard

For inter-PLC communications? depends. Do you need deterministic data? Controlnet (for AB stuff), or Profibus (if you don't have a lot of data).

If you are not intrested in Devicenet, then the right solution would be RIO between Robots and PLC. You may communicate to me on [email protected] for additional details

Similar Topics

I have a client who periodically experiences network communication issues. Sometimes when I VPN into the site, their SCADA systems will flash comm...
Replies
Views
guys: I have a problem with my IP configuration. my organization networking has 2 subnets. 10.0.0.25 and 10.1.0.25 both under 255.255.255.0 all...
Replies
Views
I have a question about IP addressing and Networking. I have a PLC with following IP address 10.1.0.120 this is an static PLC PLC is working like...
Replies
Views
I swear I post this yesterday but can't find it. Don't see any notification about the post removal either. Maybe my memory is malfunctioning...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have a system with 4 different machines, each has their own PLC. I also have a RC in this subnet also. I created a server PLC that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom