S7-200 Data-Block Access

SNK

I recently ran into a problem with a line that was using a Siemens S7-200 Processor, no expansion modules. I am very familliar with AB products, and am aware that all Timer Data files are stored in the processor and are stored in the offline image as well when uploaded.
My problem is this, someone deleted all of the recipes in the program...and I needed to get everything back to a default settings condition.
In the S7-200 program that was shipped with the project, the data-block included in the offline image is full of 0's, so the data was not stored in the offline image.

Once the operators set the machine back up to original settings (ie-timers and counters), I uploaded the file and saved it as a different name, in order to preserve the original. I made sure that the data blocks check box was checked, and uploaded. I also uploaded the DATA BLOCK from RAM as indicated. I can now see in the data in the data block that was uploaded. The problem is, the values seem to be in VB1002 format, with a HEX value attached.
In the program, I need access to word VW1002 (for example)which should represent a timer preset in the program.

How in God's name am I supposed to read the values in those particular locations?

I have pasted the list in the DB below...

Hi there

VB1002 is a Byte-long variable stored in Variable memory starting at address 1002, hence VB1002. Now VW is a Word-long variable stored in Variable memory starting at address 1002, hence VW1002. So if VB1002 is a byte, and VW1002 is a word, what else is in VW1002? Why, VB1003, of course.

I don't actually see a VB or VW1002 in your attachment, but let's look at another example with VB6, VB7 and VB8. These show values of 00, 1E and 00 respectively. If you read VW6 (VB6 and VB7) you would have a value of 001E, or in decimal, 30. If you read VW7 (VB7 and VB8) you have 1E00, or in decimal, 7680.

The S7-200 software allows you to monitor data in any format you want - hex, decimal, binary etc.

Regards

Ken.

Ken, thanks for the reply.
I have monitored the values in a "Chart" that I have created, and yes, they are displayed as unsigned integers.
How do you change the format of the DB that I printed to .txt file?
I cannot see access to any other view mode.
If all of the recipes are stored in the Data-blocks, how do I actually upload all of the correct values? I thought that I completed the upload from RAM properly....

How would I upload all of the existing Data-Words used in the program?
I can see online the existing numbers, but when-ever I upload the data, I cannot see the data-words offline.

Am I missing something here?

For example,

VW1011 is moved into location VW0.
VW2002 is moved into location VW2.

I cannot find the locations anywhere in the Data-block that I have uploaded and attached to the thread.

kcarlen,

The information to display the original format for the Data Block was in the project that you stated was deleted. Without the format information, the Data Block is uploaded as bytes.

Now you can painstakenly go and edit the Data Block to put it back the way you want it. From the previous posts, change the two bytes that should be a word into one entry such as VW6 30. This will be saved with your project. If you need a double word value, change the four contiguous bytes to one entry such as VD6 1966090.

You can also add comments about what the data value represents.

Hope this helps!