Serie One Trouble!!!!

Philippe

Hi.
I Got a GE Fanuc Serie One plc.
This morning, the power supply transformer just gave his last breath.

I Wanna know if someone can help me to connect another similar transformer to the board.

I've tryed to connect a home ajustable voltage power adapter but it can deliver only 300ma. I Need 1.4A.

Sorry if my english isn't good.

If this is one of the rack type Series One PLCs you can get replacement racks and other material from AutomationDirect.com. Their 305 series is the same thing they brand labeled for GE as the Series One and for TI as the 305 PLC.

If this is one of the "brick" type units you may be in trouble. Try AutomationDirect.com tech support anyway - they may service this or know who does.

If I am not mistaken the GE Series One is the same as TI305 and A&D DL305. The manual for this can be found at http://ftp.automationdirect.com/documentation/d3user/d3user.html

If I understand you correctly this plc has a 24vdc output that can be used to power I/O devices and this has failed. The PLC is powered by 120 or 240 vac?

If the above is correct than all you need to do is obtain a 24vdc power supply rated at 1.4 amps then connect it to the necessary incoming power source, 120vac is standard and easily obtained but other voltages and single or 3 phase devices are available.

As I stated connect the source voltage to the power supply then remove the 24vdc + wire from the plc and place it on the 24vdc + connection on the new power supply. Do the same for the 24vdc - (negative connection).

If you are looking for a source for a 24vdc power supply then any electrical/electronic shop should have, even Radio Shack (are they in Canada?) has on the shelf. An online source is Sola/Hevi-Duty
http://www.sola-hevi-duty.com/products/powersupplies/gl.htm
that link is to their 24vdc 2 amp model

Hopefully I covered enough ground to be of assistance.

I was wondering where you came up with the 1.4 Amp requirement, so I checked an old Series One manual that I have. Both the five and ten-slot Series One racks use 1.4 amps of 5 VDC power. Don't overlook the fact that the CPU module uses an additional 250 mA, and the data communications module and the programmer unit also draw from the 5 volt supply.

This raises the larger question of what are you trying to accomplish. Is this just a short-term fix to get something running while you wait for a replacement rack?

As the others have noted, you can get replacement parts from Automation Direct, so it's not particularly cost-effective for you to try to repair the power supply. The replacement is at most, only a couple hundred US dollars. How many hours will you spend on a patch, and how much will that cost your company?

Tom : Yeah it's rack type. But does the GE input and output module will be compatible with the AutomationDirect rack??

rsdoran : It's the transformer IN the PLC rack that is scrap. And the problem is to find a similar transformer to put in it.

The problem is the machine is very old and wiring are in terrible disorder, I mean they are not tag(SW1, Coil3 and so on)and We got a big rush on that machine. This is why I was thinking to try to repair it and wait for a replacement rack instead of put a recent PLC and wire the complet panel.

But I came to conclusion that I will rewire all the panel. :(

I got in hand 2 VersaMax Micro PLC model IC200UDR005. But all the system and coil are 110VAC.

Thanx alot guyz for advice.

The DL305 bases from Automation Direct are compatible
with the GE input/output cards.

I've replaced several bases with no problems.

Have it shipped next day air and you'll be a
hero by noon tomorrow.

;)

Yes, the cpu will work. But I think you will have to purchase the windows based software to transfer programs. It is cheap, and if you have alot of these this might be the way to go.