rsview me, string

hitesh

I have an application where I have a micrologix 1500 on ethernet via the NetENI and a panelview plus on ethernet. I am trying to display a string on the PVP however I only momentarily get the display on the page.

The application runs Ok when emulated on the PC but has dramas when downloaded to the PVP.

Please help.

Can you provide a little more information about what happens at the PanelView Plus? For example, after the screen momentarily appears, do you receive any error messages?

Without knowing more about your application, my first thought would be to check the RSLinx Enterprise communications configuration on the Target tab in RSView Studio. A common thing that happens is that a communications path from the PV+ to the processor (in your case, the MicroLogix), is not configured before downloading the application to the PanelView.

Regards,
Rick

Just a clarification - there are other tags on the same screen that work except the string tag. I have tried using both HMI tags and also direct referenced tag still no luck

Would anyone know the syntax. Do I need to change anything under Visibility.

The string appears momenatarily and then goes off

In ME the string length has allot to do wether or not it is displayed properly. In your PLC check the length of the string and make sure the string display settings in ME is length+1. Also if your text string length is longer than can be displayed in the "area" provided it may also cause problems. (hint) check the box for "fit" and also check the box for truncuate, make sure it's set for "character", that will also allow you to check the box "display size" to make sure it can hold all your ascii stuff (len).
Just an additional question,,, what version of ME are you using?
I have several request and bugs in the que for Rockwell software engineers to fix/accomplish. I work for the Aarell Co. and we were instrumental in getting "RAICS" or Click to work properly. Unfortunately Rockwell bailed out of our agreement and decided they "know" better. Quite frankly I am VERY dissapointed in Rockwell!
Oh yes, the minor grid lines for the trend screens in VVCE still don't work or display, 1 year ago I brought that to their attention, works on PV+!

bitmore

PS. envoke the diagnostic display as well as the information display while your working on developement, it will give you more insite on the problems with your app.!

Hi Ken!

Last edited:
Ken,
where are you seeing all the information on length etc etc. I am putting a string display on the page and dont have "fit" etc as per your suggestion.

Running RSView ME ver 3.2

Sorry to both u and Ken,

Answer to my question on
"where are you seeing all the information on length etc etc. I am putting a string display on the page and dont have "fit" etc as per your suggestion."

Is it a string display or a string input enable....If it is just a display make sure it is big enough to hold the length of the string. If it is an input enable "hotspot" then...
well obviousy things have changed here and I am no longer able to upload the screen shot... it's only 16K in jpeg but to no avail it does not appear on my reply or is it shown as an attachment.
Well done bitmore, NOT.

now I'm a bitless.....

Last edited: