Omron Input Interrupt Performance

ed yeh

We are using an Omron CQM1-CPU45 and CQM1H-CPU51 (w/ SYSWIN 3.4) and we are trying to implement an input interrupt function. We've gotten the interrupt routine to run with the input, but the performance of the interrupt function does not improve our response. In fact, testing it against a command in the main program, it is not any quicker/more precise at all. Our scan time is at 7ms. We are using input 000.00 Our interrupt routine is capturing our analog reading from 232. The analog reading is the position of our fast moving hydraulic ram at point of contact. The input comes from a sensor at the end of the ram. We know all the mechanicals and sensing is good because we are using an Omron Linear Sensor Module to take the same analog signal snapshot on the same trigger and it is right on. The physical and electrical repeatability is down to 1-2 mV per 10 V range. However Omron is obsoleting this module so we are getting to a bad point. I've searched quite a bit. The link below was posted for another interrupt question, but I haven't been able to access that link. The target seems to have moved.
http://www.mrplc.com/dl/index.php?action=view&view=entry&entryid=167
I hope someone out there can help us. Thanks

That's not really a "topic" per say. That old link was the old, old downloads sections. It was a download #167. I dunno what it was, but download #167 now, is not an interrupt download.

I wonder if the link Jay posted is what you are looking for? That would be the closest thing to download #167 and would now be the newest update to link for it.

Hope that helps, if not, tell me where you found that old link then we could probablly back track it to find where it was moved to.

Thanks for the link. We downloaded the powerpoint presentation and looked it over this weekend. We'll see if we make any progress today. We've been working with Omron US technical support without success so far.

The original link to #167 came off a post in this forum. We were not looking for #167 specifically, Jay just listed it as reference info for our Omron interrupt topic.

We found the cause of our problem with the help of an Omron Field Engineer. It seems, the memory location link for the Inner Analog Board, CQM1H-MAB42 we are using is not refreshed by the IORF command.

So even though the program was being interrupted, the data being captured by the interrupt routine was not always up-to-date.

We are going to have to change our product over to the CJ1 model to overcome this problem.

This problem came up because the Omron data capture card, CQM1-LSE01, which we are currently using, operates on an independant trigger but, is being obsoleted.