RSLinx

stvsas

I'm having a problem with RSLinx. I am trying to download a new program into an SLC5/03. It is a CPU my company bought at an auction and so it already has some program in it. When I put the CPU in my rack and configure the I/O's, I get CPU faulted because the I's and O;s do not match the configuration already in the CPU. I am able to clear the fault and upload the program ok, but if I try to download my new program, my lap top no longer "sees" the PLC. I can't find any help in the help files and I'm getting frustrated. Is there a manual for RSLinx somewhere? I cant find one on Google. I am already eternally grateful for any help. If any help is to come, I'm sure it will come from here.
stv

Does the program you are trying to download have different communications settings than the one that was in there?

Can you try to auto-configure the driver in RSLinx to see if you can see the processor again in Who?

Autoconfigure only sees my laptop but not the processor. I'm not sure what the comm setting was in the old program. It's really puzzling me.

If you don't need the program already in the CPU then wipe it.

Returning the SLC 5/03, SLC 5/04, and SLC 5/05 Processors to​
“Initial Factory Conditions”

We
only recommend this procedure if the communication channels have been shut down due to the configuration parameters, or if you absolutely cannot establish communications with the processor.

To return the processor to initial factory conditions:​

1.​
Remove power from the SLC 500 power supply.

2.​
Remove the processor from the chassis.

3.​
Disconnect the battery by removing the battery connector from its socket.

4.​
Locate the VBB and GND connections on the right side of the motherboard.

5.​
Place a small bladed screwdriver across the VBB and GND connections and hold for 60 seconds. This returns the processor to the initial factory conditions.

Last edited: