ScottJ

Unregistered

U
With use of the 1746-NT8 Thermocouple card, what would you recommend has the most reliable Thermocouple wire and Type to use for temperatures normally being monitored between 300F to 335F

The "Best Type" is basically dependent upon the particular range for the given thermocouple and the critical range of the process.

Go for the type that provides the greatest degree of "LINEAR COVERAGE" for the particular critical zone.

I reccommend shielded stranded Type J T/C wire from Omega Engineering for wiring to the NT module. I use this type because I can't possibly isolate the T/C cable from my other wiring on and around the PLC, so it makes sense to use the shielded type. The stranded type makes for more flexibility when pulling through conduits.

It seems odd that designers go to a lot of trouble in shielding and isolating their OTHER signal wires, but leave the thermocouple wires inside the control panel completely unshielded, even though they are very low voltage and subject to noise interference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom