Help with 1771 VHSC ---- PLS !!!!!

elitheei

I got to program a 1771VHSC with an encoder to send a speed signal fron a conveyor to an 1771OFE Analog output card to deliver sand to an application. Right now I am thinking it is 1 to 1 but that may change. I have never messed with one of the card at all. I installed it and configed it per the book for the inital set up for encoder mode, but I am not sure this is the right direction. Right now now I am pretty much lost to what to do ... I need direction as to what is :
1. what is the best way to set it up for speed from an encoder. This is a long conveyor
2. Where is thst data stored ... what "words" for channel one
3. what is the best way to convert that data to a "useable" format so I can send it over to an output card.
4.Thanks for the help!
Tsat