fix32

funske

F
Hi there,

In a app. with a HMI/scada from Intellution, whe've got a small problem.
Whe keep getting an error saying: the max nr. of windows has expired.
Enyone who knows to 'fix' it ??

thanks

This is normally a problem caused by bad programming rather than a problem with Fix. The usual cause is that someone has created a button on a picture which opens a sub-picture which is not "Always on top". If this sub-picture is open and the operator clicks somewhere else on the screen the main picture is moved to the foreground and the sub-picture is obscured. The operator then clicks on the button again to retrieve the sub picture but this actually opens another instance of it. If this process is repeated enough times you will eventually reach the maximum number of pictures which Fix can handle at once and the error message will be displayed. Unfortunately if the menu bar is hidden and the sub-picture is normally closed using a button it is not possible to close the pictures in the background so your only solution is to close View and then restart it. The problem can be prevented by changing the offending sub-pictures to "Pop-Up's".

Andybr is correct, I've seen this same thing myself.

When who ever programmed the buttons to open another screen, they did not close the current one. They just keep stacking up until you've reached the maximum.

I always give each screen the same nickname using an "on opening" command.
Then on the button to open a different one you just have:
REPLACEPIC <nickname> <myscreen>

Then it doesn't matter which screen is currently open, it will be replace with the new one.

Just a thought.

Ken

Alt-Tab will switch applications. All of the Fix screens are displayed within one application, View, so you cannot Alt-Tab between screens.

windows max

Yep, Andy's right. In Fix32 you need to 'properly' program the windows to close when not needed anymore because they will 'add' up and error.