Visual basic and Melsec FX1

Unregistered

U
Hi!

Anyone written som working vb code to read som word from an FX1 with visualbasic?

I can't really get a hang of how to do.
i only get garbage from the plc.

/L

Hi!

I think that before you can get some data in an easy way, you should use a DDE-driver og better a OPC-server.
From there you can get the variables to your VB-script.

Dariusch

Try using Mitsubishi's MelDDE to set up the PLC as a server for your application. Application notes that come with MelDDE are directed toward using an Excel spreadsheet but with some investigation you can use this information to get a VB application to work.

Searching on the web will also bring up ActiveX controls for use with the Mitsubishi and VB.

... rab

RBergmann said:
Try using Mitsubishi's MelDDE to set up the PLC as a server for your application. Application notes that come with MelDDE are directed toward using an Excel spreadsheet but with some investigation you can use this information to get a VB application to work.
Searching on the web will also bring up ActiveX controls for use with the Mitsubishi and VB.
... rab

Where can i find MelDDE?

The ActiveX's i've found have all been tagged with a price, I want freeware

/U

Don't know if I can help you there. Your Mitsubishi distributor sells MelDDE for about $150 USD. I've seen ActiveX controls for as little as $50 USD.

... rab

Okay .... one other thought is using the RS instruction in the Mitsubishi to send data out the serial port. I am currently doing something like that for simple data acquisition from my program to a PC using a terminal emulation program (like Hyperterminal that comes with all versions of Windows).

The RS instruction takes some learning to implement but if your data is predictable, it's a free way to go. If you're not the FX programmer and don't have Mitsubishi experience it may be too time consuming to integrate into the program.

You would need to add either an RS-232 or RS-485 port to the PLC. This can be done in two ways: 1) Use a "BD" board adapter on the PLC or add the appropriate module.

The benefit of using ActiveX or MelDDE is you can use the programming port (RS-422) that's already available.

... rab